Material Updates to this Privacy Notice
Last Updated: February 7, 2018
Changes to this Privacy Notice apply only to data that you provide on or after the date listed above. Material updates to this Privacy Notice as of February 7, 2018 include:
- An update to the parties covered by this Privacy Notice and the meaning of Affiliates in connection with the spin-off of Wyndham Hotel Group from Wyndham Worldwide Corporation;
- Clarification on why and how we collect and use your information; and
- Further definition of the parties with whom and for what purposes we share your information, including our Affiliates, former Affiliates, partners and other third parties.
Introduction to this Privacy Notice
Wyndham Hotel Group, LLC (“WHG”) cares about privacy issues and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, disclose, and otherwise use (“Process”) information about you. This privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes our practices in connection with the information we collect through our websites (the “Websites”), social media pages that we control (“Social Media Pages”), and software applications that we make available for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “Apps”), that include a link to this Privacy Notice, and through any of our offline activities, such as when you provide your information on the telephone via our call centers or in person (“Offline Activities”) (collectively, including the Websites, Apps, Social Media Pages, and Offline Activities, the “Services”).
This Privacy Notice does not apply for hotels operated by franchisees (independently owned and operated hotels) of WHG. and/or its subsidiaries or that are managed but not owned by WHG and/or its subsidiaries (“Hotels”). For example, Hotels may use e-mail and other methods of marketing communications to contact their guests and they are solely responsible for these campaigns. Please read each Hotel’s privacy notice to understand how it will treat your Personal Information.
Our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements, such that our practices may be more limited in such jurisdictions.
Please read the following to learn more about our privacy practices.
What Information Is Collected and How It Is Collected?
- We may collect “Personal Information” (information that identifies you or relates to you as an identifiable person) about you such as your:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Phone number
- Email address
- Credit or debit card number
- Financial information in certain circumstances
- Social media account information
- Stay or trip information and preferences, such as your preferred location/facilities, dates and number of people/children traveling with you
- Special needs or conditions that may impact your stay
- Driver’s license, government-issued ID, or passport
- Geolocation information
- Communication, product, service or other preferences
- Demographic information
- IP address
- Account or Membership ID
- We may collect information from you when you interact with us such as when you:
- Register for, use, or make a payment for a product or service
- Contact us with a question or request
- Use our Services
- Make a reservation
- Stay at one of our properties
- Provide a testimonial or story, or submit a review or comment
- Participate in a competition, promotional activity or sweepstakes
- Participate in any loyalty or other programs
- “Like”, “Follow” or otherwise connect with or post to one of our Social Media Pages
- Other information we collect about you:
- Cookies: Our Services may use “cookies” and similar technologies (collectively, “cookies”). Cookies are small text files that this Website sends to your computer for record-keeping purposes and this information is stored in a file on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies make web surfing and browsing easier for you by saving your preferences so that we can use these to improve your next visit to our Website.
- One of the purposes of cookies is to simplify the use of the Website. A cookie may save a user’s login details for example, so that the user does not need to login every time.
- Cookies may be either “persistent” or “temporary” (or “session”) cookies. A persistent cookie retains user preferences for a particular Website allowing those preferences to be used in future browsing sessions and remains valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A temporary cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to help us get a better understanding of how visitors use this Website and to facilitate interest based advertising associated with your Google Account and other devices you use. The information generated by the Google Analytics cookie about your use of this Website is transmitted to and stored by Google. If you do not want your activity on this Website to be tracked by Google Analytics, you may opt out by using this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- Adobe Marketing Cloud Device Co-op:WHG participates in the Adobe Marketing Cloud Device Co-op to better understand how you use our Websites across the various devices you use, and to deliver tailored promotions. Go to https://cross-device-privacy.adobe.com to learn more about how Adobe does this and to manage your choices relating to this linking of devices.
- Pixels, Beacons: We or third party ad servers may use invisible pixels or beacons on this Website to count how many users visit certain pages. This information is collected and reported in the aggregate. We may use this information to improve our marketing programs and content, and to target advertisements at this Website and/or on other sites.
- From Other Sources: We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, data firms, social media platforms, from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms, as well as from other third parties. For example, if you elect to connect your social media account to your Website account, certain Personal Information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include Personal Information that is part of your public profile or your friends’ public profiles.
- Mobile Devices: When you use or access our Services from a mobile device, we may collect information such as your unique device ID and your location. If you download and use an App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number, as well as any other Personal Information specified by the App in its terms or notices.
- Do Not Track Signals: At this time, we do not respond to browser ‘do not track’ signals, as we await the work of interested stakeholders and others to develop standards for how such signals should be interpreted. Third parties, including our service providers, may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites, including when you visit our website. You can learn about how to exercise choice regarding the collection of information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services by visiting www.aboutads.info and networkadvertising.org.
- Internet Based Advertising:We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use our Services and other websites, apps or online services, based on information relating to your access and use of our Services and other websites, apps and services on any of your devices, as well as information received from third parties. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags). They may also use these technologies, along with information they collect about your online use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile phone and a laptop. If you would like more information about this practice, and to learn how to opt out of it in desktop and mobile browsers on the particular device on which you are accessing this Privacy Notice, please visit aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org to opt out in mobile apps. You may also opt out in Twitter by going to your account privacy settings and unchecking the box next to “Tailor ads based on information shared by ads partners.”
- Other Non-Personal Information: In addition to any Personal Information or other information that you choose to provide to us on the Services, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies, now and hereafter devised, that automatically collect certain website usage information whenever you visit or interact with the Services. This information may include browser type, operating system, the page served, the time, the source of the request, the preceding page view, and other similar information. We may use this usage information for a variety of purposes, including to enhance or otherwise improve the Services. In addition, we may also collect your IP address or some other unique identifier for the particular device you use to access the Internet, as applicable (collectively, referred to herein as a “Device Identifier”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your device, and we may identify your device by its Device Identifier. When analyzed, usage information helps us determine how our Services are used, such as what types of visitors arrive at the Services, what type of content is most popular, what type of content you may find most relevant and what type of visitors are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising. We may associate your Device Identifier or web site usage information with the Personal Information you provide, but we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
We use non-personal information in a variety of ways, including to help analyze site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities and to improve our services. We may use your non-personal information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others. We may share your non-personal information with our affiliated companies and third parties to achieve these objectives and others, but remember that aggregate information is anonymous information that does not personally identify you. We may provide our analysis and certain non-personal information to third parties (who may in turn use this information to provide advertisements tailored to your interests), but this will not involve disclosing any of your personally identifiable information.
As aggregated or anonymized information does not constitute Personal Information, we may use it for any purpose. If we combine anonymized or aggregated data with Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information according to this Privacy Notice.
Why and How We Use Your Information
We may Process Personal Information in connection with any of the following:
- Our business transactions with you, including, but not limited to:
- To enter into or perform a contract with you
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Services or an event in which you are attending
- To complete and fulfill any purchases or requests for services
- For our legitimate business interests, including, but not limited to:
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions, and to administer these activities (each of which may have additional rules and could contain additional information about how we Process your Personal Information)
- To facilitate social sharing functionalities of your social media account(s)
- Subject to your marketing preferences (which may include consent to marketing under applicable law), to send you newsletters or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you, for our own products and services, and on behalf of our Affiliates or selected third parties, via postal mail, email, telephone or text messaging
- To allow you to send messages to a friend through the Services. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address
- In accordance with any consent you may have provided. You have the right to decline to provide your consent and, if consent is provided, to withdraw your consent at any time.
- As necessary or appropriate for legal reasons, including, but not limited to:
- Under applicable law
- To comply with legal process
- To respond to requests from public and government authorities, including those outside your country of residence
- To enforce our terms and conditions
- To protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates or other third parties
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of our Affiliates, you, or other third parties
- To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit damages we, our Affiliates, or other third parties, may sustain